Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Ask me questions!

Today was an excellent day!  Spanish class went exceedingly well - we're all starting to get over our fear of speaking in class and we enjoyed the challenge of telling our teacher, in Spanish, the steps to make a cheeseburger.  I got a 100% on my previous homework and received a small wooden frog that doubles as a percussion instrument - you scrape the attached stick across the spikes on his back.  It looks very local and authentic and I treasure it greatly :)

After school today at least 12 of us decided to wait out the traffic and go to a bar down the street from the school.  It was so nice to be able to spend a decent amount of time relaxing and talking to our classmates outside of school without anything hanging over our heads!  I think we might do this every day :)

We've cemented plans to go to the Costa Rica vs. El Salvador soccer game this Friday after our hospital visit!  I'm not much for soccer, but I like new things and I like the people I'm going with, so I'm sure I'll have a good time regardless!  My guess is that some of you readers will find this much more exciting than I will :)

I just wanted to thank you all for taking the time to read my entries!  I'm kind of in my own little Costa Rica world here and I have a hard time remember what all I have told you all about and what I haven't gotten to yet.  Sometime in the next week I'll cover my homestay more completely and what I think of as "very Costa Rican things," but I'd love to get some questions from you readers!  I've heard that it can be difficult to post a comment to Blogger (believe me, I know how difficult Blogger can be.  Ever since I arrived in C.R. it has switched the site language to Spanish and I can't figure out how to switch it back...)  Anyway, if Blogger is difficult for you as well, please email me at:

It's 10:30 and I am done with my homework!  I think I will get an early night for once :)

1 comment:

  1. Okay, here's a question from your sister: "How'd you get so beautiful, gurrrrrrrl?" lol

    And here's one from me...any luck working towards getting up with us on Skype? Oh & met any hot guys??

    We love you & are really enjoying your posts!! Ma

    ReplyDelete