Saturday, May 19, 2012

Christmas in May!


I received a package of supplies from EWH that I’ll pack and take with me on the trip.  It’s given me a glimpse into what I’ll be doing for the next two months.  With all the goodies taken out of the box and strewn around me I feel like Santa Claus has come early!


Stylish EWH-SI Tee Shirt :)

I also received “textbooks” containing practice laboratory exercises and a handbook on medical equipment repair.  Overall, the package is a bit of a combination of care package and school supplies.  I’m glad my program fee included these essentials, like the insect repellant. Now I have less that I’ll have to go out and buy. I’m happy to see some soldering equipment in here.  I learned how to solder through extracurricular activities last year and got a load of practice in my recent analog circuits class.  I find it fun!

I haven’t weighed the package, but I’d guess it’s about 10 pounds.  That’s 10 pounds less of my stuff that I can bring.  Perhaps I should have lied and said I was not going to be in the country before the trip… but it’s probably best that I pack light – less to keep up with.

Only 10 more days until I leave!  Thanks to all my recent donors!

No comments:

Post a Comment